Friday 25 May 2012

Benefit Dupes From Poundland! *Review* (pic heavy)

Hey all ^_^
First off I would like to state that I adore benefit products but right now I despise them haha,

I was in town and decided to pop into poundland after reading a review someone had done on some eyeshadows they had in and adoring them, I managed to get 2 but the color I really wanted ( a gorgeous mettalic red) they didnt have *sad face* BUT, I spied some very alluring looking dupes for 2 benefit products I love and I though hey for £1 each what is there to loose? and if they suck I can give them to my mom to try out XD so what am I on about? well I shall Show you!

First off, the Benefit dupes, They are dupes of High beam ( a beautiful liquid hilighter) and Benetint (a gorgeous rose colored and scented cheek and lip tint), now the high beam costs £18.50 for 13ml and the Benetint a shocking £24.50 for 12.5ml (hence why I never bought the full sized)
I found in poundland the "chit chat" brand selling apparantley "limited edition" on the packet exact duplicates of these benefit products they contain, 12ml for the tint and 12ml for the hilighter, and I am in awe, I cannot tell the hilighters apart once applied and once on my lips the tints are identical too, I had one on each lip and I couldnt tell at all.
As for the longevity of these products compared to the originals I cannot say however for £1 each they are more than a bargain and well worth trying out!
here are the images for you to see for yourself!
bear in mind the tints look different on my hand to on my lips (which im not showing as they are flaky XD)
Here are the two new favourites in my beauty box hahah XD aren't they gorgeous!

So as you can see I only have a baby benetint which I got with a marie claire magazine last year woop, I adore this tint but when I saw the price for the full size I laughed and had to do a double take lol, I honestly thought it was a mistake on the site though, sadly,  it isnt.

So swatched on my hand they do look different (benetint on right and chit chat on left) however on my lips as I said I can't tell them apart and I am unsure how they would differ well blended on cheeks though Im sure still similar as benetint is less watery and puts more pigment down straight away, though with layering I achieved the same color pay off with the cheaper one (not pictured sorry)

The hilighters! very similar sized bottles and the exact same shape!




Once applied you can see how similar they are, high beam is on the right and chit chat on the left, high beam does have a more pinkish hue swatched but once blended that fades away and the chit chat is just as thick and applies just as smoothly and creamily!

Here is a picture of them blended , difficult to see I know but the one closest to the camera is high beam and next to that is the other, I personally think they are the same but its up to you to make that decision for yourself if you were to buy them.

I must admit this picture is decieving as it makes the closer one look brighter, this is not the case, the light just caught it better being closet to the camera hence the picture above at a different angle, high beam on the right and chit chat on the left and the other swatch next to that is something else that decided not to come off properly.






Next in line we have the NKDSKN eyeshadows, I had seen these about a week ago and dismissed them for cheap badly pigmented things, well I was sooo wrong, I found a review on a blog whilst stumbling through other blogs I read ( I cant find it now but if I do I will link to it asap) I wanted the red but they didnt have them after searching the shelf for five minutes and wrecking the joint (don't worry I tidied up) I bought them in 14 (hedge row) and 30 (neon rose) they are so pretty! I don't normally like pinks but this one has a blue sheen yay!
Here is the packaging incase you were interested in checking these out for yourself


Here is a nice shot of the colors in the pan, in each you get 2g of product which is awesome for a size comparison they are the same size in weight too as mua single shadows but domed lol


The top swatch is on its own and the bottom is over UDPP ^_^ though they are far brighter in person the color washed out so much on the camera. The green is a nice foresty mettalic green, the pink is a muted neon pink with a gorgeous blue sheen!

 Now the final thing I got was, collection 2000 eyeshadows that came together in a pack so ya bargain centeral, I'm not sure how much they are normaly as searching on thier site and boots I can't find them anymore, I used to see these all the time on thier displays but never bought any but I know the brand has sort of rebranded and reinvented themselves and is now just called "collection"  ... lol
So I got this pack of 2 greens one is matte and one is shiny and mettalic looking they are really pretty and I'm sort of obsessed with green at the moment lol, I might try using the matte green as an eyeliner ^_^ i got, 13 (enigma) and 10 (tinkerbell).

So the top swatch is on its own and underneath is over UDPP they are relly nice and if I get the chance to go to poundland again I might nab some more for that price haha! the darker green is similar in texture and finish to the nkdskn in hedgerow but allot darker, the other is a beautiful matte greeny turquoise I really cant describe this color properly, but it is beautiful none the less!


So overall I think an epic day for makeup! and for all the above stoof I only paid £5 freakin epic XD
but yah sometimes poundland has some amazing little suprises, but when its gone its gone, that's the usual case, so if you like the look of it it may be worth just risking it and getting it :/

hope you like my review and if you get any of these let me know what you think of them too!

Becky xXx

No comments:

Post a Comment