Saturday 5 May 2012

Cosmic Dust *Makeup Look x2*

Hey!
This look is a dark smokey petrol colored look to get the jist of it ^_^
I based this off another makeup look I had seen a while ago and I made a few changes but if I ever find that look again I will link to it!

The products I used in this look are varied some are uk highstreet and some are not, however some of the other things I used CAN be duplicated in the uk and I will tell you about those its just that I dont have those versions or I can't find mine ^_^

I love how odd and metallic this look is, it literally glistens in person it's awesome and suuuper easy to do! Also it definately looks better in person .. dont know why, I guess the camera just cannot capture the epicness of the petrol colored eyeshadow!
I will probably wear it for my birthday meal tommorow ^_^


It seems the daylight is finally fading hence the orange face on the first picture lol XD

These next pictures are of a slightly different version of the same look, a little less heavy (easier to wear) ^_^
also I had to use the celing light as I did this hours after the others so it was pretty late and dark, so the lighting suuuucks and the colors got a little distorted after I forgot I had it on and wiped my eyebrow into the white hilight XD


 Gah you can really see the red smear, well pink now lol XD
 Also the white from the inner corner rubbed off a bit cause again my  brain forgot to tell me that i had makeup on my face XD well thats my story and im sticking to it >_>


 What I used:

Nyx jumbo pencil (blackbean)      Subsitute: Barry M eye crayon (black)
(look 2 only) Nyx jumbo pencil (milk)      Subsitute: white eyeshadow or white eyeliner
Barry M dazzle dust (Petrol Black)
(look 1 ony) Mua Eyeshadows (shade 12 + 8)
Sugarpill Eyeshadow (tako)    Subsitute: Any matte white eyeshadow
Sugarpill Loose eyeshadow (lumi)    **Subsitute: Barry M Dazzle Dust (18 Blue iridescent)

**I am going to try and get the Barry M dazzle dust in shade 18 to try out for myself as I have only heard that it is a suitable subsitute for lumi and I want to find out for myself and will do a comparison if I am able to get hold of one.
 
How I did it:

Look 1

First off I used my NYX jumbo pencil in black bean onto my entire lid and slightly over my crease once applied I blended it out with my finger so the edges were softer.
Next I applied my Barry M dust in 98 to the middle of my lid and lightly blended, next I applied Mua in shade 12 to my outer corner and blended that out well to make sure all of teh base was covered.
Once that was done I used Sugarpills Lumi on my inner corner and blended it into the central shade, next i used Mua shade 8 on my waterline and smudged it out a little, finally I applied my mascara and I was done. 


Look 2

To start I used my Nyx pencil in black bean on the outer corner and slightly onto the middle of my lid, then Nyx pencil in milk on my inner corner and joining blackbean, then used a small brsh to lightly blend the two together and the black out to create a smokey look.
Next I used Barry M dust in 98 on the outer corner covering most of the black apart from the stuff in the middle and blended it all out over the smoked black.
After that I patted Sugarpills lumi onto the center of my lid and towards the inner corner thenblended it all out so it just looked like a sheen (check picture for reference)
Next I used Tako to hilight my brow and right in my inner corner and blended away and finally I did my mascara and I was done.



So I hope you liked these looks and maybe you will try them out ^_^

also as I mentioned earlier I will try to get hold of the Barry M dust in 18 and compare it to lumi!


Becky xXx


No comments:

Post a Comment